Sunday, February 10, 2013

Exploring the US

The other day, my wife and I were driving to a residency interview in Ohio. It was a  hour drive from Baltimore and between listening to Econ Talks and the White Coat, Black Art episodes, it was obvious my wife was getting a bit bored.

At one point, she broke out her pen and paper and said excitedly, "Let's list all the cities we've stayed at least one night in!"

"Like, ever?" I asked.

"No, since we started clerkships."

That was mid-September 2011. And so we did the list. Between all of the cities we've done rotations in, traveling from one rotation to another, exploring and going to interviews, we came up with 25 US cities. To save both you and I the tedium of listing them, I'll include only those in which I've done rotations.

Chicago - Jackson Park Hospital - Family med, OB/GYN, Radiology

Baltimore - Harbor Hospital - Internal Medicine, IM Sub-I, Cardiology, Orthopedic surgery, Infectious disease.

Hollywood, FL - Regional Memorial Hospital - Surgery.

Catonsville, MD - Spring Grove - Psychiatry

Brooklyn - Interfaith Hospital - Pediatrics

I think it's great that these years of professional development hasn't been all work and no fun. I've had the opportunity to explore the US and since Saba has been kind enough to keep my wife, also a Saba student, and I together throughout all of this, that warm feeling of home is always just an arm's-reach away.


No comments:

Post a Comment